I think the majority of the US is crazy about fall. Pumpkin this, pumpkin that, plaid scarves, fashion boots, apple picking, fairs, festivals, etc. You know what I mean! We are all Fall Crazy! I am included in this group. I can’t get enough of Fall before the winter hits. By now, everyone is picking up mum plants and pumpkins to decorate their homes for the season. Yet again, I am one of these people! As soon as pumpkin spice coffee hit coffee chains, I WAS THERE. You can probably relate with me, people.
How about decorating for Fall? Are you one of those people who has it down to a T and is one of those lovely homes I drive by and say, “Wow, I just love that house!”. Or are sort of like me, in need of a rejuvenation in the Fall decor category? Some items can be so expensive. I have a very limited supply of Fall decorations. It has taken me 3 1/2 years of marriage to accumulate these! But there are so many tutorials out there on how to make your own decorations, or how to use what you already might have.
I have collected a few ideas that caught my eye. These are off some excellent websites, so make sure to hop on by and take a look at what else they have to offer. Now lets make our homes look just as wonderful as Fall really feels! Just click on the photos and it will take you right to their site.
1. Over at BHG (Better Homes and Gardens) they have a wonderful collection of DIY ideas for fall, mostly using real flowers to make centerpieces. Some of them look so easy to create!
2. I just discovered On Sutton Place while perusing Pinterest. Her site is lovely and has some real beautiful things. While this wreath seems a little more costly to make, you can always look out for special deals on the supplies. She mentions using Valspar Premium Enamel Finish spray to help keep it in tact. A great tip for DIY projects!
4. Isn’t that banner/garland awesome?! And guess what? It requires very little investment and time! Check out 6th Street Design School for a quick tutorial. I am so doing this one! :)
5. The photo below just takes my breath away. So simple and right from nature. There is no tutorial for making this wreath, but the flower or plant or whatever is called Bittersweet. You may even have some in your back yard! I love it.
6. I can’t get over how cute these pumpkins are! What an awesome idea. And it really doesn’t seem too difficult. She offers a great tutorial on A Night Owl Blog. I want to make some right now!
7. Although I cannot find a tutorial for this (I got it off Pinterest and it takes me to her homepage), I know it came from a blog called Common Ground. This is made with items collected from a walk in the woods. How cool is that?! It looks like acorns, leaves, wild pears (I have two of those trees in my front yard) and other miscellaneous finds. Talk about cheap! But so lovely…
8. Here are some free printables off On Sutton Place, where she shares some of her own as well as links to others! Print a couple out, frame them and place them anywhere in your home. So easy!
9. There are many tutorials out there on painting pumpkins. I loved the simplicity of the pumpkins below. Paint ’em white and add a plaid print fabric on top. Perfect! The Stone Gable blog has lots of great ideas just like this one.
10. Learn how to make a beautiful, inviting tablescape from All Things Heart and Home! She also shares a video on her site to make it even easier to see how it’s done. This is gorgeous.
There is just a small list of DIY ideas for your home. If you’d like to see more from these DIYers, click on the links below and that will take you to their site. Like, follow and get lots of good tips and ideas!
The Happy Homemaker
<<Check out my Seasonal Decor & Recipes board on Pinterest for more ideas!>>